Re: Setting Locale

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 02:24:02PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

Salam,

>   As I was translating the setting locale section in the Arabic-howto I
> noticed that I use a totally different approach, I only set up the variable
> LANG to be: ar_EG.UTF-8, and every thing goes fine, is there a need to set
> LANG and LC_CTYPE to be different ? and why not set LANG to a UTF-8 locale ?
> such as ar_EG.UTF-8 ? I have LANG set to that with no problem
> and why use the ar_US ? a simple 'locale -a' does not show that ar_US is
> possible, although setting it does not effect anything, but it is not a
> locale defined .. I am not sure about this .. are you ? :-)

Isam, we talked about this the other day, and I pointed out that there is a note
at the beginning of that section that says it is incomplete and may contain
wrong information. In other words, I am very well aware of the fact that some
of what it has is not fully accurate.

Like I told you when we were on irc, when I get a chance to do that section completely
I will.. right now, I am too busy for it.

Later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir