Re: Thwab's data "license"

--- moayyad sadi <alsadi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> most books are taken from al shamela
> and I talked to him and he say ok to put it in GPL/FDL
> he take them from
> www.al-islam.com
> وزارة الأوقاف ... السعودية
> THAY SAY
> جميع الحقوق محفوظة للوزارة إلا لأغراض
> بحثية أو دعوية
>
> and so we do
> لأغراض بحثية أو دعوية
>
> as mentioned in what is thwab
>
> -----------
> those books are processed, heavily processed, we have words index, we
> have TOCs..etc
> so books in thwab are value added to a public domain work, the result is mine
> and I make them in GPL
> ----------
>
> in future the user could tell how to trust a book through GPG

Absolutely wonderful !!

Moayyad, I don't see any NEW imports (of the reader and/or data) into
Arabeyes' CVS repository [1] - are you having problems with CVS ?
If so do please let us know in earnest so we can address 'em since
we need that data preserved in the repository (we should get a
debian release output ASAP - the scripts to make that happen should
also be in the CVS repo for each sub-project).

Do please also keep the sub-project page [2] updated for those looking
for a quick status (history, roadmap, todo, etc) of what is taking shape.

I know these updates are a bit of a headache but it very much is a
necessary headache to keep others informed and hopefully contributing.
Feel free to let us know if you'd like others to have write access to
Thwab so they can be added as 'contributors' (when you're ready just
let us know their usernames)...

[1] http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/thwab
[2] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Thwab