Re: Thanks for Your Help

Aziz writes:
[...]
 > The PHP scripts (one I did, the other islamas.lt did, both based on
 > Arabeyes project) can be found here:
 >
 > http://www.islamprayertimes.com/free_prayer_times_php_script.php

I would expect such port to retain the restrictions and rights given
by the original C code (the LGPL license). Why change license and add
the extra restrictions?

I think you're not allowed to distribute such work under different
terms and restrictions than the original code. Also note that it is
*really* important for the developers and other contributers of the
original C code to have the same rights when dealing with code that is
based on their work.

 > Please tell me what you think and how I can improve the service.
 > Keeping in mind that both scripts will stay open source for Islamic
 > websites to enable them put prayer times on their sites.

The commercial use restrictions in the header of the script files is
in direct violation of the definition of open source (see item 6 in
this page) [1]

Also please remove Youcef Rabah Rahal's name from the credits as he
was not involved with the original prayer code.

[1] http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php

Salaam,
Thamer Mahmoud