Re: compiled version of libqte.2.3.6 instead of 2.3.10 ??

Assalamu 'alaykum

I just code myself a function yesterday to perform the conversion from cp1256 to 8859-6 by looking in the both code page ...
I didn t know that a such library did exists, I thoght there was one but I didn t find it.

So thanks, I just have to compile the libiconv for ARM platform.

As fast as I get a working application I will post some screenshots.

On 5/2/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
--- benoit midy <bmidy23 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> My arabic text are taken from ascii file, and they are not encoded in
> unicode, but plain ASCII so in internet explorer when I want to see it
> correctly I choose the encoding : arabic windows.
>
> So I do not know how to do to display it correctly ??
> Any help or sample code would be appreciate.

To convert 'em, simply run

% iconv --from-code WINDOWS-1256 --to-code UTF-8 input_file > output_file

NOTE: do a 'man iconv' for further details and 'iconv --list' to
     see a listing of all supported encodings.

BTW: you might want to consider doing this a bit differently given
    a user opts for an 'online pull' type of a method.  Consider
    adding the ability for the user to see a listing of that is
    available and then to dynamically download the needed data from
    a pre-set or user-specified location.  Adding this option will
    then give the user to download whatever data he/she opts for.

Just a thought.

> And concerning the arabic qpf font is there other fonts
> available or do I must to convert it myself ??

I'll leave these for others to tackle.