Re: itl library question

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 00:31 +0300, Thamer Mahmoud wrote:

> Good news :-). I'm now able to reproduce this problem by using an
> older gcc version (3.2 vs. 3.3) and no optimization flag enabled. The
> bug is related to how values are being stored and updated into the
> global variable "Astro astro" after consecutive calls. Just to
> demonstrate the problem, here is the bad results of the attached
> testcase:

interesting, i am running gcc 3.3 -- but yes, i did forget to turn
optimization on...

> This problem is now fixed on CVS. It would be great if you can confirm
> this by downloading the updated files available right here:
>
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/itl/libs/prayertime/src/

i tested without optimization and it works fine.  i also tested with
optimization and it also works fine.  i am going to put the latest
source on my page shortly (piousity.net/blog), its pretty much a
functional really simple prototype right now.

by the way, there is no athan notification yet -- only a dialog box --
will i have to exec to play the athan or should i give the user an
option as to what command to run or what?

jazakumAllah khairan
walsalam 3alaikum,
-ahmed
--
ahmed el-helw <ahmedre at cc dot gatech dot edu>