[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [putty]PuTTY's Arabic patch
- To: "ahmad khalifa" <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: [putty]PuTTY's Arabic patch
- From: Simon Tatham <anakin at pobox dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 11:38:52 +0100
- Cc: putty at projects dot tartarus dot org, developer at arabeyes dot org
"ahmad khalifa" <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> instead of that, cant you just call bidi/shaping on buffer change ?
> i.e on WM_KEYDOWN and on 'receive()' ?
If I did that, I would have to re-bidi the whole terminal screen
even when just one line changed. I'd rather minimise the number of
lines I have to do it to.
In any case, here's some good news for you. I've now actually done
this, and (at long last) _checked in_ the result. The PuTTY sources
in CVS now contain your bidirectional code.
Simon Tatham "I thought I'd put my foot so far into my mouth I
<anakin at pobox dot com> wouldn't be able to sit down without standing up."