Re: Cups testing ...

On Friday 21 May 2004 01:12 pm, ahmad khalifa wrote:
> >From: Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa>
> >Will you also point to me how can I test using another font such as
> >courier new?
>
> in /usr/share/cups/charsets/  you will find a file called 'utf-8', it
> maps the font to 0600 and FE00, change it if
> you like.
>
> the fonts are found in /usr/share/cups/fonts

Ok I did as you said and also convert my cour.ttf font to pfa using the
command line:

ttf2pt1 -e -a -F cour.ttf cour

nothing changed. Still can't see the Arabic text. Have I run the command with
correct switches?

<offtopic>
I can't execute ttf2pt1 unless I am root though

# ls -l /usr/sbin/ttf2pt1
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 142136 Mar 14  2003 /usr/sbin/ttf2pt1*

Same you?
</offtopic>

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA