[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: my Bidi implementation
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
- Subject: Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: my Bidi implementation
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:24:06 +0330
- Cc: Fribidi Discussion List <fribidi-discuss at lists dot sourceforge dot net>, Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Organization: Sharif FarsiWeb Inc
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 04:45, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > > I have nothing special against that. But, another solution I can
> > > think of is to give explicit permission on an specific version of
> > > the code, to be redistributed in binary form with PuTTY,
> > > something like that... Roozbeh, what do you think?
> > That may not be acceptable for PuTTY people. But I don't have any
> > problem with relicensing any part of my small contributions to FriBidi.
> > Consider them public domain.
> > roozbeh
> I just asked for your idea on the licensing issue, not your own
> contributions specifically.
Then my general idea is that free software projects hate those kind of
licenses. A good list for a relicensing to consider, is the Open Source
definition, or the Debian Free Software Guidelines. If any of those is
not possible with the license, it won't help anybody.