Re: d-i work -- slang

Salam:

My objective is to get the ar-utf8 file rendered 100% properly. Vorlon and Christian Perrier (bubble) are really keen on having arabic fully supported.

Of course this is only the first step. The next major step is to get Debian to add libfribidi and the patch vorlon is working in base . This is gonna be difficult as the base for Debian testing and sarge have been frozen in anticipation of Debian Sarge release.

I will keep you guys in the loop as to what happens with me

Thanks

Anmar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

I popped into #debian-boot to see how the Arabic inclusion was going
and was told that its there (ie. done).

I then noted that its "pretty close, yet shaping issues remain"

 17:56 <vorlon> For the code, please see
                http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/bidi/ --
                slang-bidi.diff is the diff, or the whole source
                package is also available.

Vorlon (ie. Steve Langasek) has already fixed the bugs (so no need for
any special attention just yet - although composing characters still
remain an issue),

http://tennyson.netexpress.net/~vorlon/ar-utf8.png

His files and fixes have been uploaded to the URL noted earlier.

It would be ideal to see some d-i screenshot of strings with harakat
(ie. composing characters) in them to get that resolved while the
topic is still relevant; Anmar, can you push for that and keep us
posted ?