Fribidi and shaping

Hello Behdad:

I am very glad you are finally doing the shaping patch. I have been jumping through hoops and all trying to constantly explain the need for seperate shaping code in addition to Fribidi.

Thanks for getting back on it and getting it done. can you commit to a certain date as I need to know so I can coordinate that with the debian installer people ? if you can't how about a week of june ?

What impact the shaping code will have on projects that use fribidi and implement their own shaping code ?

Let us have that discussion so people are aware of the changes to fribidi.

Thanks

Anmar
Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Hi,

I'm completely against this patch which imports Arabic specific
code into the mplayer code base.  The functionality is going to
be implemented in GNU FriBidi instead, and that's the place it
belongs too.

The GNU FriBidi with Arabic Joining/Shaping support will be
released this month. If you don't buy my promise on the release
time, go on and add shaping support to FriBidi, but not mplayer
please.

Behdad Esfahbod GNU FriBidi maintainer