[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [PATCH] MPlayer Subtitles Arabic Shaping Support
- To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq dot hu
- Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [PATCH] MPlayer Subtitles Arabic Shaping Support
- From: Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun dot de>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:23:14 +0200
- Cc: developer at arabeyes dot org
Behdad Esfahbod writes:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 June 2004 03:14, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm completely against this patch which imports Arabic specific
> > > code into the mplayer code base.
> > And What about Hebrew specific code which is already imported
> > into mplayer code base? (search for 'hebrew' on subreader.c)
> > There is even an "almost" hard-coded encoding specification
> > there (ISO-8859-8).
> > Also, note that Arabic is used by much more people than
> > Hebrew.
> I don't care much about Hebrew code, but Arabic code is specially
> important to me.
If your FriBidi stuff supports the Hebrew parts natively some day,
please let us know, we might then drop it from MPlayer.