[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: bicon
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:55:51 -0500
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Behdad, as noted, could you please look over the new code and give your
> blessing so that we can kick-off this project and import it officially
> onto Arabeyes' CVS (and create a project page, logo, etc, etc); under
> GPL license finally :-)
> Salam (and thanks Mr. Alkarouri for your continued efforts).
> - Nadim
Well, I see absolutely no reason not to check it in CVS as soon
as possible. Thanks Mr Alkarouri the replaced code looks fine.
* I propose to use the name as "BiCon" in text and "bicon" in
* FriBidi is written this way. To be fixed in readme files.
* HISTORY and some more files need lines to be wrapped.
* The Readme.License says that there is BSD licensed code. File
can be removed to be later replaced by something like LICENSE.
* On naming: fjoining can become simply joining, or
bicon_joining. Same for fconsole.
* bjoin.c does not sound good to me. Something like bicon_read.c
would be good enough. The idea is to remove this fcon, acon,
bcon thing ;).
* While it makes cleanly, 'make distcheck' fails. Don't know
* in configure.ac, package is still named 'farsi'. And also,
'make dist' makes a tarball for you Mr Alkarouri :).
* I just run bicon in my gnome terminal and the output is fine.
Just that it ruins a ZWNJ character. I would figure it out
* Over time we should port the fucntionality of 'farsi' to bicon.
I mean the options, etc.
* Is arab.kmap.gz simply a copy of Persian layout for now? If
not please put your name. I don't think I have designed an
Arabic layout yet ;).
* Well, on a second thought, better we rename bicon.c to
something like bicon_shell.c or like that. I mean, we should
reserve the main 'bicon' name for the thing (shell script /
whatever) that loads font/keymap/.. and finally runs the filter.
Don't know. suggestions please.
Again, let's check in to CVS so we can all work there.