Re: Prayer time details and algorithms

Hello Nadim Shaikli
I'm really sorry for sending you an e-mail.Actually i had sent an e-mail earlier to 'developer' mailing-list.But i got an warning saying it is subjected to the moderator's approval.That's why I'm again addressing my problem to you.
Again this is regarding the Islamic Prayer project.

I have seen in the code, always they are converting Gregorian date to Julian date and then Hijrah date and vice versa.
I didn't understood this fact? When we can directly convert  Gregorian date to Hijrah date and vice versa, why some people are going for Gregorian date to Julian date and then Hijrah date ?
I hope you can help me in this regard.
Can you please help me.
Warm Regards
AMARESH MAKAL
Software Engineer(DSP Group)
Conquest Integrated Tech.(I)Pvt.Ltd.
Tel:+91-20-5454081/82/83
"You get the best out of others
 when you give the best of yourself."

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- "Mr.Amaresh N.Makal" <amaresh_makal at citilindia dot com> wrote:

Hi Nadim Shaikli

Hello Amaresh N.Makal :-)

I'm working on a Project which calculates the Muslim prayer time
according to time zone around the world and it'll play the prayer
accordingly.

That's already done (look into Arabeyes' ITL project [1] - the "play
a sound" will be added soon enough to the "ireminder.pl" script
(if you have any decent sound files mail them to me privately given
there are no copyright issues on 'em).

Can you give me some details about the Salat Calender please? If
provide some algorithms related to it, then it could be of great use.
Hope to get positive response from your end.

Your best bet is to look at the source and the accompanying README
files (also look into the 'doc' directory) in the ITL lib section.
I'm also CC'ing this email to the 'developer' mailing-list [2] (that's
where you should ask all your questions - I won't respond any further).
Do also note that I am _not_ the ITL package's main developer (that
honor goes to Thamer :-), I'm a mere helper.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL