Re: Developer Guide (in effect)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> > BTW, I have started adding RCS headers too.  The only
> > disadvantage with them is that when you commit, the file is
> > changed, so the build system is triggered...   BTW, I decided not
> > to put the $Author: $ tag, as it's misleading that the last
> > commiter is shown as the author.  And the info is there in $Id: $
> > if you really want to know who commited last time...
> >

> That is true.. but most of the time if you have committed a change to a
> file, the build trigger will change anyway. Please do include the

Not quite true.  Because I always test the changes, then commit
:).  Oh, when you touch configure.ac, it takes a few minutes to
come back to an stable situation again ;).

> $author$ tag anyway. It is not really misleading (though it may sound
> redundant). We all know that $author$ does not refer to the real author
> of the project, especially that you do have an AUTHORS file and other
> sources that convey who is really responsible for the file.

Ok, I will do.  BTW, all the misleading thing was about when you
release the package.  The other ones, $Source, $Date, and
$Revision, convey informative information.  Oh, yeah, from
$Author you can guess who broke it ;).

--behdad
  behdad.org