Re: Developer Guide (in effect)

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 11:57, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Salam,
>
> The source code section looks very informative now :).  Some new
> points:
>
>   * In Example 1 in the Source Section, in the bootstrap script,
> you better change automake17 to automake.

Ah yeah. That was my working copy and I was playing with it. Will change
it and use the updated version from BiCon.

>   * I spent the last weekend reading the "info autoconf" and
> "info automake" back to back!  I applied whatever I found proper
> on BiCon.  You may refer people to BiCon for a clean
> autoconfiscated (yes, that's the word!) project.
>
> [..]

Coolio.

> BTW, I have started adding RCS headers too.  The only
> disadvantage with them is that when you commit, the file is
> changed, so the build system is triggered...   BTW, I decided not
> to put the $Author: $ tag, as it's misleading that the last
> commiter is shown as the author.  And the info is there in $Id: $
> if you really want to know who commited last time...

That is true.. but most of the time if you have committed a change to a
file, the build trigger will change anyway. Please do include the
$author$ tag anyway. It is not really misleading (though it may sound
redundant). We all know that $author$ does not refer to the real author
of the project, especially that you do have an AUTHORS file and other
sources that convey who is really responsible for the file.

I will make those changes now (along with the removal of Youcef's name
since he's been harassing me about it).

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir