Re: Kuran for Java

On Thursday 01 April 2004 20:11, Riyad Preukschas wrote:
> Assalamu Alaikum,
>
> Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Great.  I reiterate my earlier questions though of why you didn't take
> > up Arabeyes' offer to host this project ...
>
> I did, but there was a pending affirmation from the Quran project
> maintainers. See:
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/March/msg00130.html

  hmm, don't tell me that I said 'no' :-)
  Seriously,

> > ... build upon what is already
> > in Arabeyes' CVS (there is already a Java application there being worked
> > on my Mr. Ahmed El-Helw).
> >
> >   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/quran/jquran/
>
> I know. Please, look at my answer mail to Ahmed El-Helw for more
> information.

  Where is that? did I miss it?

  As I said before, It's about making a central place for all of these things,
  and I'm not a boss, I'm a mere maintainer to my _own_ projects not others'
  That means that when you import your work, it's still yours and you still
  have full control over it (no one will force you to do anything).

  Anyway if you still don't see any benefit from doing that, you don't have
  to but before deciding I would like to tell you some facts about the history
  of the Qur'an Project, it started as a thread in a public forum (Haydar
  Linux forums), here:
    http://forum.haydarlinux.org/viewthread.php?tid=49
  It was a very very very simple application that didn't even include the
  text (can you imagine that?)
  This is a "now historic" screenshot:
    http://forum.haydarlinux.org/
viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=49&pid=517

  At that point I was frustated and was willing to give up the whole idea.
  That was until Arabeyes hosted the project, things then get rolling and
  it became a library and a two clients and hence the Qur'an Project was born.
  The point is that when I wrote the initial version, I didn't even imagine
  that it will be such a big (and a rather big one because of its various
  components) project.