Re: bayani new collaborator and other projects (I hope so!)

Salam Faycal,

Yes, Bayani has an internal interpreter (parser) working both in arabic and in English/French.

In the arabic version, you can enter (in arabic characters), for example:
sin+jib(sin) etc... Potentially any combination of functions that are included in <math.h>. I implemented the most commons: exp; log, log10, sin, asin, cos, sqrt, pow, tan, atan etc etc... implementing the others takes some minutes :))).

In the English/French versions you can enter C-Like expressions and Bayani draws for you the correspanding function, for example:

3+sin(x-2)+log10((3.4*x-4))+sqrt(fabs(x^3-2)) etc etc

I must insist that an internal parser is not present in most of the graphic plotters software. And I think this is quite original for Arabic (In fact i'm so happy about it that I can't help myself mentionning it again and again :)))

Have a look at that screenshot:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/youcef.rahal/bayani/screenshots/bayani-Jan-21-2003.png

where you can see Bayani drawing the function sin(x)/x for -100<x<100

The next step is to implement a Symbolic Computation class (like in mathematica :)) ) and adapt it to Arabic.

I have an almost working class that computes derivate functions for C-Like expressions: it gives you 'cos(x)' if you enter 'sin(x)' for example. Since it is written in libstdc++ the next step is to port it to QT. It won't take long, basically, I have to change all the "string" variables into "QString" variables and it's done. And Bayani will be able to make Symbolic Calculus !!! After this, we'll have to implement many other things in that class: simplification, integration etc...

As you see, a lot of things to do !

Salam,

Youcef.