Re: The Qura'n Project, status and call for help!

ASA,
        Just some notes

- Sura names (سورة الفرقان), Juz'a Numbers (الجزء الخامس), Basmalla,
and other names of books to be included (tafser, asbab annozol,
..etc)
(yes I will map them in the font itself to the roman alphabet).

Excuse me, I don't quite understand why you want to put sura names, and book names inside the font. Why not put them in the XML file as regular text. I believe pictures kill flexibility.

   as soon as the font is created, we will (Insha'allah) recopy the
   Qura'n arabic text (from a Mushaf of course) to look exactly as
   the Qur'an arabic text written in Othmani script.

Will this include (Tashkeel)?? You mean you will 'type it in' again? How long should this take?

   - At the start of every Sura, there should be a decorated box that
     have the sura name, number of verses and if it's makkiya or
     maddania..etc (this should be scanned from a hard-copy of the
     Qura'an text and displayed as pictures, not much work fortunately).

Again why picture?

 - Copying the texts of these books:
    * Lobab Al-Qaol lel Seyouty (aka. Asbaab Annuzoul).
    * Tafser Al-Jallalain.
    * Tafser Ibn Katheer.
    * Other books as wll
   to XML format (if you want to contribute ask me first about the DTD
                        to adopt).
         - asking for these books in some electronic format from
           Al-Muhaddith project(http://www.muhaddith.org)?

Well, I have almuhhadith CD. I may be able to convert the books to XML using an awk script (muhhadith2quran.awk), if possible. However, does anyone here know al-muhhadith book format? Also, a description of the XML format is needed.
What is that DTD?