hdate license

Salam,

I have had a look at hdate's source and I like it. Very organized and
actually has the potential to be maintained. However, I am very confused
by the license. There is a GPL license file in the package, yet the
source code has the following (excerpt from hconv.c):

/* hconv.c
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1992 by Waleed A. Muhanna
 *
 * Permission for nonprofit use and redistribution of this software and
 * its documentation is hereby granted without fee, provided that the
 * above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
 * documentation.
 *
 * No representation is made about the suitability of this software for
 * software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express or
 * implied warranty.
 *
 * Send any comments/suggestions/fixes/additions to:
 *              wmuhanna at magnus dot acs dot ohio-state dot edu
 *
 */

The above header comment (present in each file) is rather contradictory
of the GPL.. so unless this issue is cleared I am afraid it will be very
difficult to make use of the code as-is.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |