hijri library/code

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:16:26 +0330 Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> We are only interesting in official Hijri calendars of the countries
> who do have an official Hijri calendar.
>
> We are still waiting for the result of an Iranian government project
> for a free specification and a free reference implementation for Iran's
> Solar and Lunar Hijri calendars. Until then, we can't contribute much,
> but we can work on the the common infrastructure.

Roozbeh, can we get the ball rolling on this effort - I, for one, would
love to see some code in this regard sooner rather than later.  I don't
have the book mentioned in the URL below ("Calendrical Calculations: The
Millennium Edition" by Edward M. Reingold and Nachum Dershowitz), but I
found a rather dated (circa 1990) version of their translated lisp code,

  http://emr.cs.uiuc.edu/~reingold/calendar.C

Could we possible get something out to play with that is more recent or
better yet implement what is noted in their latest book - I've been looking
into this topic of late and don't like the solutions at hand.  The code
above doesn't compare favorably to 'hdate's output as well (I also
believe that hdate is nothing we can use in terms of source code - but
that's a different thread).

Do let us know how to get the ball rolling.  Could you possibly scan the
few pages that relate to islamic calendar and conversions for those without
the book ?