Re: PuTTY: Test need comments from mr kamal

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:07:52PM +0200, alsayed wrote:

> Mr Kamal i send here a screen shot of small program i use to test
> the TextOut, and other fn you asked me about.
>
> it is in its first run , i just finished the outlines and make it
>run and i had got a screenshot of it to make review .
>
> the test program makes the following:
> 1- connect to linux server and reterieve file named test.txt from it
> and , display the text in the Edit area ---> already done .

This is not necessary. An arabic version of "hello world" should be
sufficient. We want to demonstrate the drawing functions, starting
from the simpl ones and moving to the more complicated where you can
get an index of a glyph and simply draw it without any windows shaping
algorithms. The unicode string can be hard coded in the program and no
need to bother with reading from a file.

> 2- it stores the file content in Big member Buffer for further processing .

Again, it can be a simple string for demonstration purposes only.

> 3- there is two controls check box for RTL or LTR ( doesnot work yet )

Don't bother with controls. Create a GDI and pass its handle to the
drawing routines.

> 4- List Control for Code Pages ( Doesnot Work yet also ;-) firsty
> run as you already know ).
> so i need from you the following :
>     1- what code pages i must test .

The arabic one. Don't have its number from the top of my head. Search
for it ;)

>     2- What encoding i must test also .

Unicode. Since this is the Windows standard.

>     3- any comments regarding the test program .

Learn how the APIs work and let me know.

> iam also still working on PuTTY source , but mozilla source is very
> very big until now downloading failed with me )

You can browse and search the mozilla source online. See link in a

-Kamal