Re: al quraan

> my opinion is to make quran_init take only the language code, as the xml files
> are supposed to be part of libquran, so libquran should handle all this stuff
> like the location of the xml files, their names ....etc
> libquran can then check to see if the xml file quran.(lang).xml exists without
> altering its contents

my plan is  to have a conf file for libquran
which holds data directory name. libquran will read quran.(lang).xml on
the directory as you suggested

> and no need for the xml file describing the mp3 files
> when libquran needs to play the mp3 file associated with (Al-Fatiha, verse 2),
> it just form its name (s(sura_no)a(aya_no).mp3) and plays it right away

I think libquran should not responsible to play audio. The application
that uses it should. libquran only fetch "what" to play. The frontend
apps will then determined how to play this data (e.g. fetch is to sound
server, or just dump it to /dev/dsp, etc)

What I suggested in XML for mp3 is to make possible for us to have, say,
one big audio file, and then libquran will give you audio data when you
request any particular sura/aya based on offset/length attribute.

--
Mohammad DAMT <mdamt at mdamt dot com> http://www.mdamt.net
"Waduh anak siape tu ye? patut ditiru!", ??, Benjamin S.