Re: al quraan

On Friday 01 November 2002 09:35, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> my plan is  to have a conf file for libquran
> which holds data directory name. libquran will read quran.(lang).xml on
> the directory as you suggested
I don't think it would be nice if the library has a conf file and later the
application will have another conf file, which may confuse the user
What about determining the data dir in the the configuration stage before
compiling ?
> > and no need for the xml file describing the mp3 files
> > when libquran needs to play the mp3 file associated with (Al-Fatiha,
> > verse 2), it just form its name (s(sura_no)a(aya_no).mp3) and plays it
> > right away
>
> I think libquran should not responsible to play audio. The application
> that uses it should. libquran only fetch "what" to play. The frontend
> apps will then determined how to play this data (e.g. fetch is to sound
> server, or just dump it to /dev/dsp, etc)
I just wanted to minimize the tasks that the application have to do. (I'm
thinking of the application only responsible for showing the gui and
interacting with the user)

> What I suggested in XML for mp3 is to make possible for us to have, say,
> one big audio file, and then libquran will give you audio data when you
> request any particular sura/aya based on offset/length attribute.
This may be good for only one reader , but if we have more that one reader
then we will be forced to use different XMLs for each reader noting the start
offset and length of every verse which makes the process of adding a new
reader to the library very hard.
While we can , as I noted, split that big audio file into verses, and the
process of adding a new reader will be as simple as copying the audio files
into a subdir in data/audio_files
What I'm thinking of is:
data/audiofiles/
----------------0/           ----------> reader one
------------------name   ----------> utf-8 file have the name of the reader
------------------s001a001.ogg
------------------s001a002.ogg
------------------s001a003.ogg
...........................etc
----------------1/           ----------> reader two
------------------name   ----------> utf-8 file have the name of the reader
------------------s001a001.ogg
------------------s001a002.ogg
------------------s001a003.ogg

I think this structure will make it easy to add a new reader (a matter of
copying some audio files into a new directory)
--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".