Linux Arabization HOWTO

Assalamo Alaykom warahmato allah wabarakatoh.
First of all I would thank you for efforts and go
ahead, we are proud of you.
I'v chosen to write a research paper on the linux
arabization as a homework
in the KSU university. I hope it to be a quick
reference for every body
interested in this topic. I would like you guys to
help me gathering the needed
information for it. The main sections ( as for now )
will be
1- What is Linux? open source? and Why?
2- Why do we need Arabic Linux?
3- The two sides of arabizing: programing and
translation.
4- The main parts of the system to be arabized:
	a- Codes and keyboard maps.
	b- Console and shells.
	c- GUIs:
	  i- KDE & QT.
	  ii- GNOME & GTK.
	d- Independent programs:
	  i- Open office.
	  ii- Mozilla.
	  iii- Motif ( I know it is a library but not like
KDE and Gnome).
5- Some arabization projects:
	a- Arab eyes projects.
	b- Saudi Linux User Group & KACST projects.
	c- IBM projects.
	d- Linux Arabization Workshop.
	e- Linux Hyder distribution.

Please, Please, Please if any body has a research
paper, web site, some thing
in his mind or some thing he remembers from work
Please send it to me
on this email:

moath2 at yahoo dot com

and I will appretiate it. The most importanat thing
for now is :
1- history of AKKA and KDE-i18n and GNOME-i18n i.e.
who started these projects and when? Also I want to
get a
brief discription of the technology behind them. I
have tried
to get into the source code of AKKA and found that it
uses
CORBA for building server but I do not know the
general structure
and also how to use CORBA so
if any body has an information about this send it to
me. Also
I have get into QT and found setReverseLayout for RTL
widgets and also QTextStream for unicode file support.
This
is what I have right now so please if any one has more
info
I will appreciate it. As I said before this paper is
essentially
a homework for me and it is due to 20th of Shawwal so
I may
not include every thing in it, but I hope it to be the
core of the
Linux arabization HOWTO which may come this holiday or
may
be some of you finish it before. ( I am now very busy
with
university since this is my graduation  year).
As I have decided this paper will be for programmers
not
end users and of course under GPL for documentation.
Good luck every body and go ahead.    Regards Moath

	Moath Abdullah AlKhalaf
	King Saud University
	Riyadh
	www.rayansite.com/moath