Re: Linux Arabization HOWTO

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:31:48AM -0800, moath abdullah wrote:

> and I will appretiate it. The most importanat thing
> for now is :
> 1- history of AKKA and KDE-i18n and GNOME-i18n i.e.
> who started these projects and when? Also I want to
> get a
> brief discription of the technology behind them. I

This can be found in the respective project pages:

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=akka
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=kde-i18n
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=gnome-i18n

The dates and history logs are all on those pages. They were simply started by
Arabeyes. I'm not sure what you mean by 'technology behind them'. If you are
referring to the procedure of translation for instance, check the FAQ's here:
  http://www.arabeyes.org/faq

> have tried
> to get into the source code of AKKA and found that it
> uses
> CORBA for building server but I do not know the
> general structure
> and also how to use CORBA so
> if any body has an information about this send it to
> me. Also

This is a dependency that we plan to drop in the near future. However, if you
would like to know how it all works, here is a useful page:
  http://www.arabeyes.org/~chahine/i18n/akka.html

> a homework for me and it is due to 20th of Shawwal so

I'm not sure when Shawwal is, could you please give us the date in the 'other'
system? Most countries don't use the lunar system.

> I may
> not include every thing in it, but I hope it to be the
> core of the
> Linux arabization HOWTO which may come this holiday or
> may
> be some of you finish it before. ( I am now very busy
> with
> university since this is my graduation  year).

Same here ;) Extremely busy -- hence my short response.

> As I have decided this paper will be for programmers
> not
> end users and of course under GPL for documentation.
> Good luck every body and go ahead.    Regards Moath

That is great. I would be very interested in it being completed,
so please do let us know when you are done with it. Even if it's
not as comprehensive as you would like it to be, it can be a good
starting point that we can build on.

Keep up the good work ;)
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: