Announce - BETA dictionary...

I would like to announce the beta release of what will soon
become arabeyes' new official dictionary interface and database
(perl/CGI/mysql).  The concept was (and is) to have a tool in-place
to help our on-going (as well as other forth-coming) translation
projects (please note the 'doc' mailing-list).

I've taken over where Mr. Mohammed Sameer left off.  I started initially
with his code which over the past week or so I've modified extensively
both for minor corrections as well as to add new features.  I would
like, at this point, to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to
Mr. Sameer for his initiative, development work and vision.  If it
weren't for your code, I'd still be reading :-)

The dictionary currently contains the following features,

 + Ability to search an approved database (db) of terms
 + Ability to suggest terms for approval
 + Term form includes (English, Arabic & Latin - arabic in latin chars)
 + All code is utf-8 friendly (ie. terms in Arabic are stored/displayed
   in Arabic - browser allowing)
 + An 'admin' page to apply for a term inspector/approver position
 + An 'admin' page to approve/reject terms [& users]

 among others...

In any regard, the code is viewable under CVSweb - please let me know
if you see any blatant errors/security holes, fixes, etc.

  http://www.arabeyes.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/arabeyes/web/dict/

Lastly, do keep in mind that this is a work in progress -- the
interface/db is very much usable and has been tested by 3 different
people.  We do plan to add more features and options to it in the next
few weeks, time permitting.

REMINDER - as always all arabeyes.org code (including this dictionary)
           is under GNU's GPL license (see www.gnu.org for details).