Change of Mood?

Salam All,

I got this idea just now. Well actually it was an idea from Nadim long ago,
but I'm restating it.

Nadim once proposed that a large number of people try putting in a
concentrated effort on each individual project until it is done, and then
this same large group moves on to the next project and so on. What currently
have is specific projects tied to specific groups, with some individuals
working more than one project at the same time.

Its not fun to work on a project all by yourself is it? Its a lot more fun to
work in groups. So we get more fun working on projects and also we generate
more traffic on mailing list as project contributors communicate amongst each
other, instead of all the inner-monologues each member is now having with
himself/herself.

If we put the fun back in Arabeyes, we might actually get somewhere. I dont
know if this approach will work, but we do know that we have now certainly
isnt working and we need something different.

Lets start with a translation project. Arafat recently declared he wants help
with Gnome. Lets ask all translation veterans to DROP whatever they're doing
right now and help him out. Even I might get off my keaster and pitch in
(keyword is might).

I also got another suggestion. Elections are coming up. Doesnt look like
anyone will run. Nobody wants a yoke of responsibility around his neck for an
entire year. What if we make the Core term 6 months? A faster Coreite
turnover cycle will help in bringing in more of that all-important new blood,
plus those who got tired of the job can catch a break for 6 months and then
get back into the thick of things. Also, those who have fears of commitment
might be more encouraged to run for Core when they know its a 6 month
contract instead of a yearlong one.

Whaddy'all say?

Abdulaziz,