Re: Tomorrow's meeting

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

This is to inform you that I unfortunately will not be able to attend our
next meeting (due to a family thingie that can't be postponed. Don't worry though, nothing critical). However, since this meeting is a _very_ important
one, I suggest not to delay it.

I 'mandate' Nadim to vote in my place ;)) [actually if that's even needed, that is, as you all know what's my opinion].

Thanks Youcef for the heads-up. The meeting never did take place since
Anmar didn't show and we need to have 3 members minimum for quorum which
leads me the next topic.

Sorry guys. I was at home and made a point of being there... a few minutes before I discovered that my mobile was lost (my only connection to my project management job) and I went into a tizzy trying to find it, cancel it...etc. It dawned on me at 2:00 pm that I missed the meeting.

We MUST be informed ahead of time (like Youcef
did) if you are not going to show-up to the meeting - its rather unfair
and unprofessional for all of us to sit around and wait.  We're merely
asking for a courtesy note at least 24 hours ahead of the planned meeting.

I absoloutly agree and I am very very sorry. I never meant to dis respect any body.

It goes without saying that EVERY week (currently on Wed at 18:00 UTC) we
have a meeting - so it would be abnormal for us NOT to have a meeting on
those days/times not the other way around.

Well I am done with not making the meetings... I can not seem to get my @!#$#% together and it is not fair for me to be any shape way or form a hinderence on the rest of the core team. I can not seem to remember my basic core membership requirements. This is not acceptable to me.

I ask of all of you to accept my 60 days sebatical from the core team until I get things in order. As a member of the core team, my job and obligation is to further and support Arabeyes charter and goals. I don't see me doing this in the last several months and I am afraid that I can not meet my commitments in the next 60 days.

I will still be responsible for my todos and my tasks needed from me such as: Arabbix, OpenOffice, Debian, Evolution party and Sina sys admin

I hope that within 60 days, my life would have settled down and my brain would have sorted it self out. I am a bit unfocused and very disorganised at this time :(

If you feel somebody else can do my job better (not hard to find :)) I will be willing to give up my seat for them permenantly or temporarily. I leave it up to you to decided

I will be at the next meeting as the final one for 60 days.

Hope this explains my thoughts and justification

Salam

Anmar

I really really really hope we revert back to doing things right and keeping abreast of our meetings and deliverables (the TODOs are again stacking up, so everyone review your TODOs ASAP).

Sorry for the _very_ short notice.

Not a problem - that was plenty of time (> 24 hours) and its appreciated.