Re: cvs writers

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 09:48, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Not a sudden change of heart whatsoever. I have said this a long long
> time ago -- I don't believe anyone has the right to add 'me' to any list
> without my consent. The 'cvs' list is not any different -- it opens the
> flood gates of emails into my mailbox without my consent. I don't agree
> with that.
>
> We used to do this when we were small and the commit notification emails
> were minimal. In any case, feel free to add them as you see me create
> their accounts. At least my point is on record.

I have enough things to do already and would rather not keep track of your
actions to facilitate my movement.  In any regard, I would much rather have
one person do both things and not fracture this simple task to 10 people.
I think its understandable (and again it can be clearly noted in the CVS
HOWTO) that if you apply for a cvs account, then expect to be added to the
'cvs' mailing-list.  If you still are adamant about this - bring it up at
the core meeting and let's vote on it.