Re: cvs writers

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 09:48, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> 90% of the people on that list were added (yes added by one of us) upon
> getting cvs access.  This is what we have done in the past (not sure why
> this change of heart all of a sudden) - people are added to the list
> knowing full well that they will be added and knowing that they should
> not post there (may be this note needs to be added to the CVS howto or
> something).  Our archives are full of us telling people that that is
> in fact our normal procedure and that's what we do.  In any regard it
> needs to be done.

Not a sudden change of heart whatsoever. I have said this a long long
time ago -- I don't believe anyone has the right to add 'me' to any list
without my consent. The 'cvs' list is not any different -- it opens the
flood gates of emails into my mailbox without my consent. I don't agree
with that.

We used to do this when we were small and the commit notification emails
were minimal. In any case, feel free to add them as you see me create
their accounts. At least my point is on record.

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir