Re: cvs HOWTO

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 04:47, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> We need to add info about anonymous CVS access (ie. 'anoncvs'),
> we've gotten a few questions on this on the lists before and I get
> 'em often on IRC as people don't see any mention of how to do it.
> So I suggest we change the current CVS HOWTO outline to something
> similar to (note the addition of anonymous sub-section),
>
> [..]

I have made modifications to the CVS HOWTO (should be live the next time
docs-sync makes its run). I did not follow the outline you have
suggested, but it should be clearer now. I essentially removed the
entire 'CVS Guidelines' section. It's now something like this:

1. Introduction
2. Access CVS
  2.1 Gain Anonymous Access
  2.2 Gain Commit Access
3. Use CVS
  3.1 Check Files Out (Download)
  3.2 Commit Changes (Upload)
  3.3 Write Commit Logs
  3.4 Commit The Right Files
  3.5 Update Your Working Copy

That is, section names are now named to go with "howto gain access",
"howto check files out", etc.

If there are further issues, please do submit a bug report.

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir