Re: searching arabeyes

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:45:20PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Mohammed, I tried to search arabeyes about those 2 font developers that
> had contacted us (maybe not so much developers, but they were looking
> for info on developing fonts).  Is there anyway to search arabeyes and

Try again -- I don't think the cron job went through the site since
December (very bad). So all the archives past that point were not
in the search database.

> to exclude certain sections of the website ?  In other words, if I only
> want to search the 'general' mailing-list is that possible.  At a min
> it would be nice to have 3 options to search (just a suggestion :-),
>
>  1. Website + Mailing-lists
>  2. Website	  only
>  3. Mailing-lists only

I will check and see if this can be done within htdig currently (what
we use). However, I don't plan to have 2 separate databases (or more).
The website itself doesn't have _that_ much data, and any hits you get
from it are minimal. Most of what you would get from a search
comes from the list archives -- which is why I don't think it is
necessary.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: