Interesting discussions in i18n at xfree86.org

Salam All ..
  There is an interesting discussion in the i18n list at xfree86.org, title
is "i18n mechanism".. It seems that the Inic team is adding character to
glyph conversion to Xlib (the XDrawString and similar functions) .. when I
read it I said "Now we're talking !!" .. adding character to glyph to Xlib
make Arabic rendering (shaping) make ALL X applications do Arabic as easy as
they do Latin .. No need to Add shaping to VIM and again to XEmacs, and then
to other applications .. that is a BIG project .. but it is THE project ..
and if the Character 2 glyph shaping  is done by Xlibs for Indic languages,
why not for Arabic ?!?

I am really thinking about that .. I need to see what you think .. and i will
study it, and bring it to next meeting .. as I know that you maybe have a
good idea about X system than I do now ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi