Re: licenses revisited

On Friday 01 February 2002 22:34,Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:24:57PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > I think if a license allows for people at large to view/modify and return
> > code to the author with no money involved - that is good enough for me.
> > All the other stuff that might be associated with that is simply noise
> > (and should be ignored by us).
>
> It is settled then. We are not to refuse it, even if it discriminates
> against a group or people.

Just for the record, not for argument .. I don't think that having a
discriminating license in a nice idea, and I don't think that having Arabeyes
contributing to it is a new idea as well ..

And for the record as well, BSD, GPL for example does not bar any country
from benefiting from the source, or bar any country from being exported to,
the discrimination comes from the country rules, not from licenses ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi