UBM/IBM support offer

Salam ..
  I just came from meeting Mr. Zuhri Abu-Awwad, Business Development Manager
in UBM.. He Said that UBM/IBM want to play a role in supporting Open Source
Community, and as a part of it, they would be glad to help Arabeyes in
whatever Arabeyes may need.
  I told him about some of our needs, that we discussed before.. In general,
he finds that IBM is able and will be willing to provide them.. he asked me
for :
  - A paper with Arabeyes definition, and Goals
  - Specifications of Arabeyes needs. That includes:
	+ Detailed specifications of the space/bandwidth/services needed for hosting
	+ Detailed info about any money needed, how much, and for what it will be
	    spent
  - A suggested way to acknowledge IBM's support by a note, a thank you
message, in Arabeyes main page or so..

I will start working on preparing the papers needed .. I will do the one for
Arabeyes definition and goals.. we had been though this so many times .. I
will do it in a Headed paper that I will create .. I will use the same headed
paper for other Arabeyes Paper correspondence .. I will put the PDF of that
headed paper available for other core members ..
  I expect a detailed email from Mohamed about technical specifications for
the Server hosting .. please include everything you can provide or we can ask
for .. (Mail server/Root Access/Apache/PHP/MySQL/Space Needed/least required
processing power/ and so) .. They will place it in the IBM mainframes in
Dubai .. this is my initial understanding .. He offered hardware .. but I
said that hosting perposes, having a committed hosting would be better.. I
mentioned commitment, he said that for sure the IBM-Arabeyes Agreement will
include commitment from IBM side ..

I will try to Arrange a meeting with Mr. Zuhri to provide him the needed
papers by next Saturday .. maybe and and Nadim can go to provide it to him,
and answer any extra questions that he may have ..

That's all for now ..

Later
Isam Bayazidi