Report

Salam .. I guess that I mentioned most of what happened in my previous
emails.. but here is a quick status report for the OSS workshop to know where
we need to follow up..

Duali:
* Two entities are interested in Duali, they are:
	- Maktoob.com (Tamer K. Al-Nasser)
	- HancomOffice - through OpenNet (Jamel Eddine Sghaier)
* Both of them expressed initial interest about Arabeyes, they both want them
for thier services, and find it of benefit to them to support it. They need
status report about Duali, and need to know what is needed from them to make
Duali move faster.

Coorperation:
* UBM (United Business Machines), the IBM business Partner in Jordan expressed
wellingness to help and support Arabeyes. They mentioned Web Hosting as an
example. Isam will be meeting Mr. Zuri Abu-Awad in monday 23 Dec, to
ferthurly discuss it.

* Mr. Ra'ed Bilbasi, CEO of INTAJ, said that INTAJ would love to coorperate
with any entity (Org, Com, etc..) that help INTAJ in it's mission.

* Rasha Morgan, from IBM Egypt, expressed willingness to coorperate with
Arabeyes in certain aspects of Arabic language support. She needs Arabeyes to
propose what exactly Arabeyes need IBM Labs efforts in. It need to be
something chalanging, it seems that IBM people like big chalanges.

* Marzouk Mahrama, Marzouk Industries (www.marzoukind.com) empressed general
interest on our efforts. He thinks that there maybe coorperation with Talal
Abu Ghazalah Group (one of the big Groups in the Arab world) with Arabization
issues

Li18nux:
* Rasha Morgan is co-board in the Li18nux committee, She agreed on the Li18nux
groups transperency issue, and the complexity of registration. She asked Isam
to send her an email with notes and suggestions for the Li18nux. She noted
that Li18nux main focus for the next 2 years will be in Bidi issues.

Arabeyes Non-profit approch
* A number of attendese expressed great impresstion on Arabeyes. Some of them
and from the speakers thought that the Arabeyes non-profit approuch does not
contradict with having full-timers working on Arabeyes projects for money.
What non-Profit means for them is that the money that Arabeyes make would not
go to share holders or anyone .. but get invested on Arabeyes projects. They
mentioned some non-profit organizations that pay to full-timers. Ways that
Arabeyes can make money from include selling Documentations, support, having
payed memberships, etc..

Arabeyes Quality Assurance
* A topic that was raisen is Quality Assurance. An idea was to have a testers
or bug tracker team for Arabeyes projects, and other Open Source software
that have probelms with Arabic.

Press and Publicity
* Robin Miller still going after Isam to do a piece about Arabeyes for
linux.com
* Zaid Nasser, IT Page editor in the Star Weekly, will write furtherly about
Arabeyes for next week.