Re: locale business

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> [elzubeir at sina:elzubeir]$ locale -a
> ar_AE.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> fr_FR.utf8

FYI, I'm getting some strange behavior/warning/errors due to
the following (in using emacs/elm/etc),

Unable to map en_US.UTF-8 locale (LC_CTYPE) to MIME charset.
     Codeset name UTF-8 was unknown. Treating UTF-8 as MIME name.
Problem with locale (system character set)!

I then did $ locale and it noted,

Should there be that locale or an alias to the non-capital/non-dashed
one ?  Mind you I don't set my locale and this is the default value
(not sure where it comes in from).

As noted, just wanted to let you know.

 - Nadim

Do you Yahoo!?