Re: [general] اجتماع عربآيز

Salaam,

Thank you for the response. Please excuse me for delay.

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Abderrahim Kitouni <a dot kitouni at gmail dot com> wrote:
في ج، 30-03-2012 عند 10:05 +0000 ، كتب Khalil Honsali:
> Salaam,
>
> I am from Morocco, registered in the list as a follower.
>
> As for this time's meeting, I confirm that I do not attend due to time
> frame + visibility.

What do you mean by visibility? And do you have an idea of a better
time?

I meant the visibility of my agenda regarding the indicated time-frame. In my present situation, it is much simpler to use synchronous communication.

> Just FYI, I have problems writing in arabic with gnome (3.2?) on
> fedora 16 reported here on bugzilla.

Why are you using ibus to begin with?

Your problem is that you are using Arabic with an input method, and
English without one. And the shortcut you're using is to switch input
method, not to deactivate it, so you need control-space to deactivate
the input method, and write in English.

But fundamentally, Arabic doesn't need an input method: just set an
Arabic keyboard layout in the regional settings and use that.

I use iBus because I require Anthy to input Japanese language.
I actually did before as indicated by you:
- disabled iBus (mouse click : quit)
- go to settings > region & language
- add an arabic layout (arabic) to the default one (english)
- make sure the layout looks right by clicking the keyboard icon
- this time i made sure to have a command to switch layout (CTRL+space is already reserved by anthy)
- as soon as I click 'close', I can only type arabic, and cannot switch back to english. the layout icon doesn't appear on the top-bar (never did), and the only way to stop the suffering is to log out
note that with ibus i can input arabic, but the system seems unstable; cannot switch smoothly between the languages and layouts. although with the mouse it works 'sometimes'.

Anyways, please do not bother so much with this issue, although I would be very much relieved if I can find a solution.

best regards,
K> Honsali

HTH,
Abderrahim