Re: [general] Fwd: Ruby script to calculate Muslim prayer times

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 04:11:52PM +0200, Redd Vinylene wrote:
>  Local sunrise & sunset, or at a specific place (Mecca I'd assume)?
>  I think there are some astronomy & nasa pages that give some basic
>  formulas for that...humm.

Hi,

It depends on the local sunrise and sunset and there's a way to calculate it
if you live in a place where sun doesn't set (Like Scandinavia during the
summer for example).

I don't know of any ruby script but you have 2 options:
1) Scrap a website.
2) Check ITL C code and port it to ruby or create ruby bindings for it if possible.

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.

Hi,

thanks for your reply!