[Fwd: [BSDCert] BSDA exam]

for those who might be interested

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [BSDCert] BSDA exam
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:00:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Dru <dlavigne6 at sympatico dot ca>
To: BSDCert at lists dot nycbug dot org

I'm pleased to announce that the BSDA exam has finished its beta process
and the psychometrician is setting the final format. This means the exam
is almost "live".

For 2008, the exam will be offered at technical conferences across the
globe, in English only, and paper-based. This will provide the time needed
to finish developing and testing the software based exam delivery system
as well as plan for translated versions of the exam.

SCALE in Los Angeles, FOSDEM in Brussels, and Linux-Tage in Chemnitz have
already confirmed that the BSDA will be made available. We are working with
the organizers for LinuxTag in Berlin, BSDCan in Ottawa, and NYCBSDCon in
NYC to offer the exam at those conferences. If you're aware of any other
conferences in your geographic area where you'd like to take the exam,
mention it on the list and we'll try to contact the organizers and
arrange for a proctor.

The FOSDEM announcement is here:

http://fosdem.org/2008/bsda

The registration website for all BSDA exams is here:

https://register.bsdcertification.org/register/get-a-bsdcg-id

That site contains a calendar of upcoming events with details on each
event. There is also a contact form should you wish to suggest an event.

Registration is a 3 step process: 1) get a BSDCG ID, 2) choose an exam
location and time, and 3) pay for the exam.

Note that seats are limited at each exam location and time. As seats are
filled, the associated time will be removed from the drop down menu of
available locations.

Thanks to all who participated as beta testers, survey respondees, and
subject matter experts for helping to make the BSDA a reality. Best of
luck to all who take the exam.

Cheers,

Dru