[general] Report on Website-Team 1st Meeting

Hello!

Thanks for all who attended our 1st website meeting tonight!
It was a productive and informative meeting.

This is a brief report on the meeting held 16:30 GMT Sunday 10 August 2008.

Started on time, we went on the proposed agenda topics, covering most of
them, and leaving the rest to be discussed on the wiki discussion page:

1 - New website team members and roles.
======================================

* Mohammed Sameer resigned as member for private reasons,
 and offered being an adviser outside the team.
* Youssef Chahibi joined as theme designer.
* Abderrahim Kitouni Joined as documentation editor.
* Ossama Khayat joined as system administrator providing the Drupal 5.9
testing install:
http://www.ideapack.net/arabeyes/
[I made some temp. modifications to the default theme though :) ]

2- Status of Abderrahim's install:
======================================
* Abderrahim Kitouni's install is working, but since it is using version 6.1
we cannot test in it.
* Mohamed Magdy provided a fresh 6.3 install, and for the same reason we
couldn't use it.

3- CMS Choice:
==============

Based on previous discussions, Arabeyes drupal experts' opinions,
findings, and practical reasons we decided to use Drupal 5.9.

4- CMS Theme Choice/ Recomendations/ Ideas

We now have a wonderful team of Abderrahim Kitouni, Youssef Chahibi, and
myself working on the theming aspect of the new website. This should take a
week or two to be ready for test.

5- CMS Modules Choice/ Recomendations/ Ideas

To be discussed on the wiki

6- Project plan and schedule

To be discussed on the wiki

* No further IRC meetings are booked for the moment.

We will be working on updating the discussion page:

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/%D9%86%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B4:Arabeyes_New_Website_Prototype

with all aspects of the project, themes are being developed, modules will be discussed on the wiki, and...next week we may have something to show you off, inshallah!

Salam

Mohamed