Re: OpenArabia

On 5/2/07, Anas Husseini <linux dot anas at gmail dot com> wrote:
Salam all,

If you are deciding to take this proposal seriously, and not to consider it
as an unreachable dream, than I could help you. The way that I can
participate is as a web developer for this idea. I am one of the project
admins of a CMS called PHPEcho CMS (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpechocms), which is a
multilinguistic CMS, containing many useful functionnalities, and can be
modified easily to fulfill your needs (even changing the design). You can
get a better idea if you visit the site above and get look to the
screenshots. But what is important now is to decide what should the site
contains and how it will be presented to the users, and of course, who will
be responsible of maintaining the project and moderating it.

Well you said it perfectly in your last sentence. Our top priority, I
would say our only priority, is to find someone to maintain this
project. That maintainer will have full discretion over what tools to
use, IMHO, although we would advise the use of something popular. But
he/she can use Drupal or Joomla or PHPEcho or Microsoft SharePoint if
he so pleases (ok maybe not SharePoint but you get the idea)

At any rate, once someone willing and able to take over this project
materializes, we can discuss all the relevant details.

Salam,

Abdulaziz,