Re: Help with promoting Open-source in Libya

On Thursday 12 July 2007 15:51:52 hassan lamushe wrote:
> Hi Yousef
>
> Thank you for your offer, we finally set on  releasing the CD by Dec 2007.
> Will you be able to translate the software that you suggested? and How long
> does it take you to do that.
>
> Maybe we can release an annual CD version of a selected Free OpenSource
> Software in Collaboration between Arabeyes and the Libyan Internet Society.
> To be distributed free of charge for schools.
>
> Salam Alykum
>
> Hassan

We have already been working on translating KDE4, although it has been a slow
process (Translators needed). What discourages the most when translating IT
related materials is the lack of a unified jargon which we strive to
ellaborate with http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Technical_Dictionary . Otherwise,
translations are incomprehensible and not coherent, and the translators' work
becomes harder.

KDE4 promises more cross-platform applications, running on Windows and Mac,
making a wider range of applications to be included in this open CD.

What kind of applications do you want to include?