Re: PDF and arabic fonts

Please don't email me privately, if you have any issues/concerns, etc
do please direct them to one of Arabeyes' many mailing-lists.  I'm
forwarding your question(s) below to Arabeyes' "general" mailing-list [1]
in hopes of someone there would offer a solution/suggestion.

Some notes below...

--- Nidale Habchi <n_hab at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> i have use fop in order to generate a pdf file i have embeded many fonts
> arabic ones in order to display the arabic characters correctly
>
> But the arabic characters displayed are not linked to each other and in
> a wrong direction
>
> that i thought i can use a script to convert the arabic characters into
> U+XXXXX in order to use the ouput file in java (itext) . I haven't find
> one yet i have installed babelpad and so u have a perl script that can
> convert

This doesn't sound like the proper way to go about solving this problem;
it actually sounds like a rather ugly hack/work-around.  One should look
at the source of why the applications aren't producing the proper output
and address the true cause of these issues (look into FOP's internals to
_really_ address this issue or ping FOP's developers for some assistance).