Re: License Islamic Holy material

Salam.

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 12:06 pm, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:

> The main problem is :
>
> what authority do you have to license (or re-license) these materials?
>
> You're not their author, ni hair of the author. The authors of the
> hadith are dead for hundreds of years.
>
> Legally, that automatically puts them under the public domain.

Shukran  ou jizak Allah khair. Yes, what you say is true and the idea of
licensing the hadeeth collections or the Quran is plain silly not to mention
that nobody has to adhere to or respect such license.

A license is imposed on a product that we made or a property produced
by our intellect, neither the Quran nor the hadeeth collections fall into
that category. Same applies on any attempt to ``reproduce`` those works;
licensing such reproduced work is also worthless.

Wishing you and your family peace and good health.

Salam,
Abdalla Alothman