Re: New font release (sort of) , similar to Madinah Mushaf

Youssef,
Thank you for your feedback.
Appreciate if you can update the wiki page with the screenshot of the
problematic areas. I will try to work on it (not very soon, though).

Maybe I need to explain a bit on the font. I think most people will
easily recognize the font face. It is taken from the actual mushaf.
The rules for ligature is basically based on my observation, so it
might not be the best thing. Another major difference between this
font and mrykacst font is the bitmap information. This font does not
have any. So, at low resolution, it will not look clear on screen.
There are pros and cons adding bitmap to the font, and this font I've
decided not to include the bitmap, yet.

If there is anyone who would like to further develop the font, I'm
willing to help. So far, seems like not many people are interested in
it (developing it).

I'm quite surprise that to date, not many reply to my post. Is it
because that the title not that catchy, or everyone is busy with
Ramadhan?

Regards.

On 10/9/06, Youssef Chahibi <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
On Wednesday 04 October 2006 04:08, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
> As usual, your feedback is highly appreciated

Spaces are very small. For instance در and د ر are extremely similar. But this
is may be a feature of Quranic fonts.
The font would look better if it was sharper.