Re: New Font file release.

> Assalamualaikum,
و عليكم السلام
> I'm proud to annouce that I've release a new font file based on
> KACST_QURN. The font have the following features:
>
> 1. Support almost 100% marking system used by Madinah Mushaf. However,
> since there are a few symbols which are not supported directly by
> unicode, some workaround is required to make it right. I'll try to
> post on this later.
>
> 2. Most arabic (Quranic) glyph has been optimised for display at the
> infamous 12pt. Of course, there is a need for some improvement, which
> feedback from others are welcome. Most latin face also are OK at 12
> pt.
>
> 3. The font are aimed to be 100% Unicode 4.1 compliant. Most of the
> glyph are there, but there are a few more glyph is missing. This
> mostly because of my lack of knowledge in those languages. Again, I
> need feedback from others to make this complete.

I advise you to ask the farsi and urdu open source community If you want this
font to support other languages written with the arabic scripts.
http://www.urduweb.org
http://www.farsiweb.info/
http://parsix.org
> 4. The only ligatures available are lam alefs family. At the moment
> there is no plan to add more, mainly because it will make it more
> complicated for viewing at 12 pt. If there are enough support and
> demand, I might add this later.
>
> So, here's the link and enjoy. Try it out and give me feedback on how
> to improve it.
>
> http://perso.menara.ma/yollnet/tmp/fonts/mry_KacstQurn.ttf

I noticed that the dots on qaf ق are not the same as in Taa ت or Yaa ياء in
http://perso.menara.ma/yollnet/tmp/fonts/myfont_16pt.JPG
> Thank you to Mr Youssef Chahibi (I'm very sorry if I misplelled your
> name, I can't remember at this moment) for providing the space for the
> font.
You spelled it correctly.
> Regards.

Compared with MS fonts, yours are fantastic