Re: Is X lam-alef key OK?

--- Oibane <pflm52td at w6 dot dion dot ne dot jp> wrote:
> Let me summarize:
>
> 1. It is more than common among Arabs to use X keyboard Arabic layout.
> The 'b' and other lam-alef keys (shifted t,g,b) are still a bit
> problematic. At least some, perhaps many don't use this key.
>
> I wanted to know if I could recommend the layout to the Japanese
> at my site.

Again the t,g,b keys produce 2-characters - I'm not sure why you
see this as a problem.  Pressing those keys results in entering two
characters into your document which when shaped visually result in
the display of a single glyph (from the form-B range).

> 2. (I guess) If pango is used correctly, even if the key input falls into
> the range of Arabic presentation form B, it is displayed correctly.
> It does not mean that the letter is saved in a file as lam U+0644 and
> alef U+0627.

No the letters saved in the file are indeed U+0644 and U+0627 (form-B
is used only for display and is never saved).  Again the 'b' key press
results in the generation of 2 characters LAM (U+0644) and ALEF (U+0627).

Regards,

http://mail.yahoo.com