Re: Hamza U+0621

Mete,

> Meor, I think the first thing I would suggest you to do would be to test the U+0621 with both the first case (al-aakhirah) and the second case (ya'aadamu) on Linux with Pango. If it works with Pango but it doesn't work with Uniscribe then we know that VOLT does its job correctly. If it doesn't work in Pango either then VOLT would be suspect.

I've not touch the font development for months, so it will take times
for me to look at it again, then modify the font to make it work in
those cases. However, I think the arabeyes-qr font (by Yousif) was
design to work that way (from what I can tell the the GSUB table), but
also failed under windows. Maybe you want to give it a try under Linux
(I don't have a linux box atm), and it might work.

> >I might be able to eliminate all of the problem by creating the
> >OpenType table (GSUB mostly) by hand and recompile it using TTX, but
> >that will take a lot of my time (unless I can work full time on it, I
> >might do it).  I still think that somehow VOLT produces a buggy GSUB
> >table, but difficult to prove it.
>
> Maybe trying to create the GSUB table in Visual TrueType might be another alternative..

Visual TrueType support for GSUB is very primitive, and was not design
for that purpose. Hardly any documentation available on the subject.

Regards.