Re: Hamza U+0621

Tom,
I'm not sure it's OpenType (the spec) fault, or it's implementation
(uniscribe, pango) fault, or it might just be plain VOLT fault. I
think  the problem lies between VOLT (the software the generate
opentype table) to Uniscribe/OTLS  implementation. OpenType , the spec
is not the problem. Anyway, I've to admit, last time I did not test it
on Linux when the problems occurs, so not sure how it behaves. I only
test it after it works under windows (which still have some problems
under Linux).
I might be able to eliminate all of the problem by creating the
OpenType table (GSUB mostly) by hand and recompile it using TTX, but
that will take a lot of my time (unless I can work full time on it, I
might do it).  I still think that somehow VOLT produces a buggy GSUB
table, but difficult to prove it.

Regards.